Strategic Account Manager - Federal Government
In order to maintain our explosive growth rate, we need ambitious and highly motivated sales professionals who want to attain the next level in their income bracket. The Strategic Account Executive-Federal will sell our enterprise offerings to Federal & State Government entities.
- The position is based in or around Washington DC
- Responsibilities include identifying R&D opportunities in, among others, NIH, DHS and DOD
- Keen ability to develop a business plan focused on cultivating and maturing new opportunities and relationships as well as up-selling and cross-selling eNovator to existing customers
- Have a broad network of contacts within key institutions / branches of Government with particular focus on R&D and ideally has worked directly with Science & Technology Directorates of the various government agencies
- Requires experience with the government / military solicitation processes and ordering systems. Knowledge of the technical regulations regarding the sale of R&D software to government agencies is a strong plus
To successfully perform in this position individuals should possess the following skills, knowledge or ability:
- Bachelor degree required – a science background is ideal. MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years successful track record in Life Science Enterprise Sales
- 5+ years successful track record selling into the Federal Government
- Ability to navigate budgeting cycles in key agencies including DHS, DOD and others
- Disciplined and accurate reporting of opportunity pipeline and sales activities into Salesforce.com.
- Maintain and drive high level of weekly sales activities.
- Use Value Add and Solution Selling sales methodologies to:
- Create initial interest
- Identify, define and document critical business needs
- Create vision of potential solutions to critical business needs
- Effectively justify return on investment
- Qualify, control and close opportunities
- Develop deep product knowledge
- Set proper expectations in sales cycles that result in customers who can be used as positive references for future prospects
Demonstrated ability to:
- Exceed quarterly and annual sales objectives.
- Identify, qualify, and close sales opportunities.
- Develop and maintain effective business, sales, and marketing plans.
- Implement and follow successful sales processes.
- Self-starter and independent thinker with the aptitude to work autonomously.
- Resolve broadly-defined, complex, diverse, and occasionally unprecedented situations.
- Deep understanding of the Federal contracts processes such as GSA, Eagle II, Connections, and Global Services Management (GSM).
- Strong ability to create sales presentations, messages, position statements, and other sales collateral.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate with and present to all levels within prospect's organization.
- Ability to build and maintain strategic relationships with C-level, senior business IT executives or business owners.
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills.
- Excellent PC and Internet skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, sales force automation and web meeting tools.
- Ability to work independently in dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility in work schedule.
- Overnight regional travel.