In order to maintain our explosive growth rate, we need ambitious and highly motivated sales professionals who want to attain the next level in their income bracket. The Strategic Account Executive-Federal will sell our enterprise offerings to Federal & State Government entities.
- The position is based in or around Washington DC
- Responsibilities include identifying R&D opportunities in, among others, NIH, DHS and DOD
- Keen ability to develop a business plan focused on cultivating and maturing new opportunities and relationships as well as up-selling and cross-selling eNovator to existing customers
- Have a broad network of contacts within key institutions / branches of Government with particular focus on R&D and ideally has worked directly with Science & Technology Directorates of the various government agencies
- Requires experience with the government / military solicitation processes and ordering systems. Knowledge of the technical regulations regarding the sale of R&D software to government agencies is a strong plus
To successfully perform in this position individuals should possess the following skills, knowledge or ability:
- Bachelor degree required – a science background is ideal. MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years successful track record in Life Science Enterprise Sales
- 5+ years successful track record selling into the Federal Government
- Ability to navigate budgeting cycles in key agencies including DHS, DOD and others
- Disciplined and accurate reporting of opportunity pipeline and sales activities into Salesforce.com.
- Maintain and drive high level of weekly sales activities.
- Use Value Add and Solution Selling sales methodologies to:
- Create initial interest
- Identify, define and document critical business needs
- Create vision of potential solutions to critical business needs
- Effectively justify return on investment
- Qualify, control and close opportunities
- Develop deep product knowledge
- Set proper expectations in sales cycles that result in customers who can be used as positive references for future prospects
Demonstrated ability to:
- Exceed quarterly and annual sales objectives.
- Identify, qualify, and close sales opportunities.
- Develop and maintain effective business, sales, and marketing plans.
- Implement and follow successful sales processes.
- Self-starter and independent thinker with the aptitude to work autonomously.
- Resolve broadly-defined, complex, diverse, and occasionally unprecedented situations.
- Deep understanding of the Federal contracts processes such as GSA, Eagle II, Connections, and Global Services Management (GSM).
- Strong ability to create sales presentations, messages, position statements, and other sales collateral.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate with and present to all levels within prospect's organization.
- Ability to build and maintain strategic relationships with C-level, senior business IT executives or business owners.
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills.
- Excellent PC and Internet skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, sales force automation and web meeting tools.
- Ability to work independently in dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility in work schedule.
- Overnight regional travel.