In addition to the industry standard and advanced functions, this new version includes new functions such as:
- Faster import & export of MS Project files
- Assigning tasks to users external to Content Suite, for example Contractors
- Numerous Gantt and Reporting updates
Cork, Ireland and Chicago, IL. 5 February 2016 - KineMatik, an OpenText Technology partner for over 16 years, is pleased to announce today the availability of its new version of Project Management for Content Suite 10 and 10.5.
The new version includes new functions as well as many user requested enhancements and improvements including:
- Simplified import of content from MS Project directly into a Gantt chart on PM for Content Suite. This creates all Phases, Deliverables, Tasks and Milestones, complete with dates and relationships.
PM will also export all PM data to MS Project, MS Excel, PDF and PNG formats.
- Assigning tasks to external users of Content Suite enabling Project Managers to assign tasks to 3rd parties such as Contractors or Vendors, who don’t need a Content Server licence. External users can also be given access project documentation via TempoBox, the free ‘DropBox’ for Content Suite.
- A range of new functions for the Gantt and Reporting Dashboards that includes functions requested by users globally. This new version includes:
- Multi-actions in the Gantt that accelerate creating and removing links and changing states (e.g. Planned, Pending, On Hold and Completed). For example, an entire Phase, including Deliverables and Tasks, can all be completed in a single state change operation.
- More Gantt view options including an option for users to define their default view.
- Configurable Project Overview components to allow occasional users to see more detailed project information, without looking at the more comprehensive workspace dashboards. This is enabled via the addition of WebReports to the Overview page.
“We see that Project Managers are always looking for more efficient ways of updating Gantts and project data. We’ve worked to push PM for Content Suite ahead of industry standard project management tools and we’ve also integrated the latest feedback from the users” explains Aaron Norman, SVP of Operations, “This new version makes it even faster. It also makes it quicker to update the Gantt”.
In addition to these new functions, there are everyday project management tools as well as advanced management tools for any type of project:
- Interactive Gantt charts, add and assign tasks in seconds. Drag and drop to organize and link tasks, create timelines.
- Resource scheduling. See Team member allocation across all their projects. Real-time collaboration and notifications with all Team members. Team members can complete their timesheets directly in the project Task.
- Reporting with real-time data. Dashboards showing Directors and Managers, Project Managers and Team members the project in real-time. The Dashboards are also fully interactive.
- Integrate key documents directly into project Tasks, Phases or Deliverables, for example latest Scope, Contracts, standard procedures. Integrate projects with enterprise systems e.g. Finance, or SAP via xECM.
Like to see Project Management for Content Suite? See video (RT 2min)
For further information please Contact Us.
OpenText is the leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM).
The company’s EIM products enable businesses to grow faster, lower operational costs, and reduce information governance and security risks by improving business insight, impact and process speed.
OpenText supports approximately 100,000 customers and millions of users in 114 countries and 12 languages. For more information about OpenText, visit www.opentext.com.
For over 15 years, KineMatik has been developing leading edge software that improves efficiency and knowledge sharing for a range of industries.
KineMatik is a Technology partner of OpenText and develops solutions for OpenText Content Server*. Our solutions enable you to leverage your Content Server investment for:
- project management
- scientific R&D
- publishing complex documents from Content Server data
Our team has an in-depth understanding of OpenText Content Server, with almost 50 years of combined development experience on Content Server.
For further information please Contact Us.
*Content Server is also known as LiveLink and is the core repository for OpenText Content Suite.