KineMatik’s Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN), part of the eNovator Application Suite, provides you with the leading solution for electronic capture, storage and reporting of all research (data, information and knowledge) generated throughout the research cycle. Its user-friendly, web-based interface facilitates an easy transition from the traditional paper-based recording of experimentation. It offers seamless collaboration of data generated by your laboratory across projects, groups and research sites. The data resides within the laboratory even when students leave, but still allow the students access the data to continue with publication efforts.
- Comprehensive Data Capture and Historical Search. KineMatik's ELN captures all data, information and knowledge generated regardless of the format and provides full historical searching capabilities. This powerful application facilitates your capacity to innovate in an ever competitive marketplace while dramatically reducing the lead time for experimentation and increasing the quality of output. Access to historical information with simple search tools improves the design of experimentation and your capacity to analyze and review the data and information. It provides seamless integration with Microsoft Office, and allows the capture of image and data files directly into the ELN. Full text search capabilities, structure and reaction searching and discrete data searching provide easy retrieval of valuable research information.
- Peripheral information capture. Science is all about collecting information to ensure that you can perform the same experiment in a repeatable manner. In an academic environment, much of this information leaves with the graduates. The KineMatik solution records and stores what was done, by whom, when and what the result was and what decisions were made related to experimental conditions and parameters. KineMatik’s ELN contains social media tools to ensure that all that peripheral information is captured and can be reused using apps such as discussion groups, wikis and communities. Make sure that you know why you did your science, not just what you did.
- Ease of Use. KineMatik's ELN is a web based program and offers no difficulties for highly IT literate students. It can be used both in free form data capture or in highly structured environments. The solution has an interface built to accommodate all users from Chemists, Biologists and Engineers where data, information and knowledge is being created and captured. The intuitive interface, drag-and-drop functionality and configurable templates contribute to a low learning and adoption curve.
- IP Protection and Compliance. KineMatik's ELN application provides complete IP protection of all discoveries and even meets the stringent needs of the FDA (21 CFR Part 11 and GLP compliant). A published PDF record that includes electronic authoring and witnessing signatures provides a quick and easy way to verify and protect IP in a standardized manner across all of your projects, laboratories, or experiments.
- Automated reporting. KineMatik’s ELN provides automated generation of experimental PDF reports and auto initiation of workflows for approvals. No more time-consuming monthly reports, as management can view an instant snapshot of all experimental work.
- Collaboration. Traditionally academic research was performed by individuals working alone or in small groups in a single laboratory. Modern research involves more people in remote locations. Email is not sufficient and social media tools are not secure. Using KineMatik’s ELN to securely collaborate and leverage your research networks ensures that your research doesn’t suffer.
- Integration. The KineMatik ELN is easily integrated with popular systems such as LIMS, SDMS and CDS, along with direct instruments for the automated initiation of work requests and automated capture of analytical output.