Project & Program Management for Content Server
Project and Program Management for Content Server provides industry standard and advanced project management tools, built on Content Server*.
Get started quickly on any project with industry standard and advanced project management tools. Leverage the Content Server platform to drive more value from your project data:
- Access a central database of project data, search projects and their content. Re-use similar projects or use standard project templates.
- Integrate projects with enterprise documents (e.g. contracts, procedures) or systems (e.g. Finance or SAP via xECM)
- Accelerate decision making with project data captured in context and a single source of truth.
- Capture and manage all project data in compliance with internal policies and external regulations
UPCOMING OPENTEXT WEBINAR June 2nd:
Project Management on Content Server - a Customer's view. More details.
Industry Standard and Advanced project management tools:
Project and Program Management has everyday project management tools as well as advanced management tools to manage any type of project.
Project managers can get started quickly with everyday project management tools such as:
- Interactive Gantt. Add and assign tasks in seconds. Drag and drop to move and link tasks, create timelines. Intuitive tools and icons. See video (RT 3 mins).
- Reporting with real-time data. Dashboards to show Project Managers, Team members or Management the complete project in real-time. The Dashboards are also fully interactive.
- Resource scheduling & team management. See team member allocation across all their projects. Collaborate in real-time, with team members anywhere. Use social media tools for instant communication and Notifications to alert the team to project updates and new assignments. Team members can also complete their timesheets directly in the project task. Assign tasks to external users of Content Server / 3rd parties, such as Contractors or Vendors, who don’t need a Content Server licence.
- Integrate key documents directly into project tasks, phases or deliverables, for example add the latest Scope or 3rd party contract directly into the related task. Or integrate project assets such as Risk Management registers.
- Integrate projects with enterprise systems e.g. Finance, or SAP via xECM so that everyone is working with the latest information
- Import MSProject and Content Server projects. Export to MSProject, Excel, PDF or PNG files.
Advanced project management tools include:
- Program Management for connected projects, including a multi-project graph option.
- Risk Management
- Manual or Automatic scheduling
- Critical Path
- Full version control for all project documents. Audit trails for all changes.
- Streamline reviews and approvals with project workflows, to automatically route and keep track of documents needing review or approval. Stage Gates.
A single enterprise system to drive value from project data
With projects driving innovation and high value business activities, project data has become a business asset. Ensure the project team can rapidly connect with the right resources by capturing all project documentation is in a single trusted place. The value of project data is maximised by managing projects on a Content Server platform:
- Project data is seen in context. All information is captured in a single location so that project decisions can be based on complete information. Unstructured project information in emails, presentations, contracts or images is captured and becomes part of a structured project plan. Project teams can see entire projects in context for faster decision making and more accurate assessment of risks and costs.
- Teams work with accurate information. Sharing and maintaining document control in project can be a full time job, yet managing projects on Content Server means that project managers can automatically keep track of project documents. They have traceability of all changes to key documents. And they can ensure their project team work with the correct versions of all project documents.
Team members can instantly find the document or file they need to work on, directly in the task.
Accuracy is maximised and the project database can be searched with confidence, for example to discover which projects relied on a certain document or contract.
- Knowledge Transfer is enabled even if working with contract project managers. Teams can quickly search the entire database to find similar projects. They can get started quickly be re-using tasks, templates or any kind of project document. They can instantly assess costs and risks and locate risk mitigation strategies. Information flows securely and effortlessly across departments and project success is optimised.
- Content Server provides a secure environment for enterprise wide project data. It enables a 360° view of the information and resources used in projects while ensuring confidentiality and access to information on a need to know basis. It provides an integrated project management platform for the whole enterprise and network of 3rd parties.
- Cost are controlled even though the volumes of project data increase every year. Project data is in a single location instead of dispersed and copied across emails and folders. Savings can be made on storage and infrastructure. Digital Information Governance is managed by the existing Content Server platform. Intangible benefits such as Knowledge Transfer and leveraging existing project materials mean teams save hundreds of hours per project, in addition to increasing their effectiveness in anticipating and managing costly risks to the organization.
Project & Program Management is an add-on module to Content Server. Available for on premise or cloud.
*Note: Content Server is also known as LiveLink and is the core repository for OpenText Content Suite.